Friday, November 19, 2010

"Create is the new consume"

Having just returned from the National Arts Marketing Project Conference in San Jose, California, I'm pretty jazzed about all things art and culture in our area and their potential.
The day one of my trip was spent at the first-ever Artsopolis meeting for all cities and sister sites of our own PeakRadar.com! It was great to put faces with the names and emails I've grown to know so well. We shared best practices, ideas and a desire to build a learning community for site managers. This will help me keep up-to-date on what other cities are doing with their sites, so I can make ours best for you. Speaking of, be thinking of ideas or suggestions for the site...I'll be asking for them at the end of this post!
Then, the NAMP Conference started on Nov. 13. The speakers were phenomenal, and I went to some great breakout sessions and dine-arounds as well. With the help of all the presenters and other participants, I now have more knowledge about social media, fundraising and awareness campaigns, community partnerships and patron cultivation.
Overall, this trip was groundbreaking for me, the new PeakRadar Gal. I left Colorado knowing I would meet some awesome new people as well as learn more about arts marketing. I returned with a profound new passion for everything we can do for arts and culture in the Pikes Peak Region. I can't think of a better place to nurture creativity with some of the most intelligent and passionate people in the industry. I know this is where I belong and I can't wait to make awesome things happen!
That being said, as the title of this post suggests, PeakRadar.com recognizes that simply watching art and culture isn't enough for most of us. We want to take action! PeakRadar.com wants to help you do that--with more opportunities for interactivity, sharing, and connections. What do you want to see happening? How can PeakRadar.com help you create? I want to hear your thoughts and suggestions. So, keep me posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment